Thursday, April 17, 2008

Asking about jobs

Hi children, this is the activity for April 18th's class.
Instructions:
  • First, read again the short story about jobs: "What will I be when I grow up?", published in http://www.britishcouncil.org/kids-stories-jobs.htm
  • Then, provide the questions for the answers below. Please, select the activity, click on the "copy" function and paste it in a new Word document. Remember that you have to save your work in your diskette at the end of the class.

Provide the questions for these answers:

1. I am a dog groomer. I clean and brush dog’s fur. I’m like a dog’s hair stylist!
2. Yes, I like my job very much. I enjoy working with animals and making them look beautiful by styling its fur.
3. I work 6 hours a day, from 10 am to 4 pm.
4. My wages are $210 a week.
5. The place where I work is near my house. It’s only 10 minutes by bus.
6. I wear a green overall and sometimes I wear gloves to wash dog’s fur.