Thursday, April 24, 2008

Changing Jobs

Hi children, this is the activity for Friday 25th, April. Enjoy it!

Instructions:
  • You will have to revise the reading "Changing Jobs" from the book (page 10). What was the article about?
  • Below you will find answers given by the characters from the lesson: Kathy Brown, Paul Jones and Liz Spencer. So, you will have to provide the correct questions in the correct tense and discover who gave each answer. If you make the proper questions and discover all the characters you will get a point!
  • Please, remember to save your work when you finish it and print it for next class

Provide the questions for these answers:

  1. No, I didn’t like my previous job! I hated being in front of a computer all day.
  2. I made cakes, baked bread and croissants. At the end of the day, I helped with the cleaning of the bakery.
  3. I worked 6 hours a day, but the working hours weren’t hard. My boss and my mates had a good time at the office because I made them laugh all day.
  4. Yes, I had to learn new skills for my new job, such as how to organize big groups of people.
  5. The company was in Thompson Street 245, near the comedy club where I met the T.V producer.
  6. I wore formal clothes in my previous job. Now I feel much more comfortable in my blue jeans!
  7. My wage was $450 a week. It was O.K but I really wanted to become a comedian. I didn’t care about the money.