Thursday, May 8, 2008

Let's practise for the test!

Hi children, this is the activity for Friday 9th, May. It's a good revision for the test you're going to sit for today. Good luck!

Instructions:

Put the verbs in brackets in the correct tense:

1. Every day Sally ______________ (walk) to the office but as it _____________ (rain) now she ___________ (think) she will take a taxi. She ________________ (not like) grey days, she ______________ (get) really depressed.
2. Last summer holidays, my father, my pet and I ________________ (walk) on the beach when our dog ___________ (start) to bark. A woman _____________ (drown) in the sea. She ____________ (be) really scared! My father ____________ (react) quickly and finally he ____________ (rescue) her.
3. Yesterday afternoon, my mom ____________ (arrive) home earlier and she _____________ (discover) that my brother and I ________________ (not do) our homework. We _____________ (watch) our favourite programme and we _______________ (not laugh) a lot. My mom _____________ (get) really angry and ______________ (punish) us. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to go to the club next weekend.
4. My sister _____________ (read) a book about ghosts at the moment. She ___________ (love) “mystery”. I really ____________ (not like) those books. In fact, I _____________ (hate) reading. I ______________ (prefer) doing handcrafts. Now, I _______________ (make) some beautiful finger puppets and I ______________ (plan) to present a puppet show. My family will love it!