Thursday, May 15, 2008

Vocabulary related to jobs

Hi children, these are the two activities for Friday 16th, May. Let's see if you remember the vocabulary you've studied in Lesson 2 from the book. Let's work!

Instructions

A- Put the letters in the correct order to find occupations. Then choose two and describe the skills and personal qualities needed for those jobs.

cetirctah
rorpmeref
erpduroc
weryla
cartseery


B-Complete the e-mail with these words: secretary, record company, work experience, filling cabinet, machine, officer, university, contract.

Hi Megan!
Sorry I haven’t written for ages, but I’ve been really busy. I’m working for a (1) now. My careers (2) arranged it for me because I need some (3). You can’t get a job after you finish (4) without it. Anyway, I really like the job because I help the boss’ (5) with different things. It isn’t always easy- I have some good days and some bad days. You won’t believe what I did the other day, it was terrible! In the morning, I broke the coffee (6). Then, in the afternoon, I put an important (7) in the wrong (8). Everybody in the office was looking for it for hours. My boss found it the next day. Luckily, he didn’t shout at me. He just told me to be more careful next time.
Well, that’s all for now. Write soon with your news!
Stuart.